Saturday, September 1, 2012

53 days...

...since I sent my song to Keith Urban.

UGH.

Mom said that in a couple weeks or so, we'll write out another letter—this time more formal.

UUUUGH!!!

XD

So Dad and I usually have "band practice" on the weekends; in other words, he plays the drums while I play the guitar and we make my mom and sister come to the basement to hear a song that's only fifteen-thirty seconds long.

It's fun.

Test 40 is coming up!!! I'm so darn nervous!!!

This is not music related, but my curriculum is super funky.  It says it's seventh grade, but it's really eighth grade work.  Once I reach Test 80, I'll be half way.

The tests are 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, and 160, each spread out between twenty lessons; one is a review lesson and an extra day for more review. 

My curriculum is pretty difficult, but it's excellent for preparing you for high school. 

You know, I say I'm in eighth grade because I don't want to deal with kids saying, "What?  You're a thirteen year old seventh grader?" But really, it makes sense.

Thirteen = seventh grade.

Fourteen = Eighth grade.

Fifteen = Freshman.

You know, there are tons of fifteen year olds who are just starting high school.  Taylor Swift has a song about it called "Fifteen." (It's a fantastic song.  You gotta check it out. :D)

Songwriting is going well.  I have a tenth song for my fourth album, and only two don't have completed lyrics.  I haven't sent any more songs yet; I want to focus on Keith's. (And writing Hunter's, but really, I am just not inspired right now...)

And happy birthday to my friend, Emma!  You rock, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!  I think I mentioned her blog, "Life's a Twitch," before, but really, it's super awesome. :)

Thanks for reading!!! HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!!!! XD

For school, I had to make a product label for a fern.  I hope you like it. XD


Is it good? XD

Bye! :)

~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment