Thursday, November 22, 2012

Country Pride

Okay, I promised to not use this blog to rant, and I will keep that promise. 

However, this has been bugging me for quite some time.

As I mentioned before, I'm a country girl in a very non-country area.

You can see how this is going.

I ain't forcing anybody to be country.  I ain't forcing anybody to LIKE country.  And I certainly ain't forcing any political party or religion on anybody.

All I ask, however, is for people to be gracious.  For people to NOT be so stuck up and prejudiced; for people NOT to say anything about my religion, NOT to say anything about my political party, just NOT say anything AT ALL.

I don't mind, "Yeah, I don't really agree with that candidate" or "I don't really like that religion." But to say, "All (political party goes here) are STUPID!  They're so DUMB!" or "(religion goes here) is so ridiculous.  I HATE ANYONE who follows it."

That's a bit childish, isn't it?

I have no intention on insulting anybody, and I absolutely HATE political and religious discussions.

That's why I don't post about that stuff at all.

But I HATE it when some people I know (for their sakes, I won't even say what scenario it was) say something rude just because the majority of the people agree with them.

Not EVERYONE agrees.

Of course, I stood up for myself, my family, and anyone else like me. 

They didn't say another word.

But really, I'm so sick of how I'm looked down on in this area.  I want to do something about it—but I want to do it in a mature fashion.  For example, as much as I would like to, I won't tell them what idiots they are. (That was Dad's suggestion, but I told him maybe I'll hold off on that insult...but I WILL use it if necessary.)

Now that that's out, this post is WAYYYYY too serious.

Behold...the moment you've all been waiting for...

Um...what moment was that again? XD

Ok.  I forgot. XD
In fifth (or sixth...?  I don't even remember XD) grade, I had to write a children's story and draw pictures to go along with it.  I wrote about a star or something that fell out of the sky or whatever, and these zoo animals that don't like each other and whatnot had to put it back.  I think.

XD

So here are the stupid pictures. XD








I know, I know; my giraffe-drawing ability is horrible.

Hey, this was done on the computer.  You should see how it would turn out if I drew it by hand. (RUN, EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thanks for reading my most (and only) serious post ever!  I promise the next one will be music related, silly, or both. :) Bye!

~Naomi

P.S. If y'all just so happen to be one of the people I'm talking about, guess what?  I ain't changing.  You can't make me feel bad for who I am, all right?  Just give it up.  We both know who the adult in this situation is. 

P.S.S. I will write a song about you.

P.S.S.S. And I'll eat chocolate.

P.S.S.S.S. And I won't share any.  How ya like THAT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment