Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Parade

Every Fourth of July, I go to my grandparents' house early in the morning to see the parade.  It has always been an awesome parade.  A couple times, when the bakery would come around, a guy would throw donuts.  That quickly became a favorite part.

Unfortunately, he wasn't there this time, but they replaced him with zombies. Yes, zombies.  I high-fived one, as a matter of fact. (Stupid spell check says "high-fived" isn't a word. *narrows eyes at spell check*) (By the way, happy 236th birthday, America!  Only half way to 472!)

Now that the excitement over Twilight as fading, I suppose vampires have been kicked out of the spotlight and now zombies are the in thing.  More and more people I know are watching The Walking Dead.

I've never watched it, but I've seen Shaun of the Dead, and that movie is AWESOME. 

There was just one problem with the parade (besides the donut guy not being there): it was SO HOT.  Really, this has possibly been the hottest Fourth I've ever experienced.  At nine A.M., it was over 80 degrees.  It must be in the hundreds right now...

This isn't a very musical update so far, so I'll shut up about the parade now. ;)

I recorded some songs a few nights ago ("Treat Him Right," "Ain't Gonna Change," "The End," "You Don't Know Me," "Don't Forget," "My Best Friend," and "Unwanted"), so at some point I'll put them on the computer and onto a disc.  I have Keith Urban's address (at least, I think it's his address!) and my mom will help me with writing out what I'm going to say.  It's not every day I write to my role models, sending my own songs!  I'm super anxious—but it's a good kind of anxious, I think.

Today I'm going to do "karaoke" versions of "Don't Forget," "The End," "Treat Him Right," and "You Don't Know Me." In other words, it'll just be my guitar and "back up vocals," or me singing off-key, which won't be hard. ;)

Later on, we'll go back to my grandparents' house for pizza.  The Fourth is always busy and fun every year.  Since I'll be starting school again next Wednesday (I know I said two weeks would be the limit...but hey, an extra couple days won't hurt anyone, right? :D), I'm slowly trying to train myself to get up earlier.  For the first time in a week or so, I got up at six-thirty this morning.  However, it turned out I fell asleep for another twenty-thirty minutes.  Hey, I'm getting there...

If I ever talk about "my friends," I'm referring to these awesome girls I know on this cool website where girls from ages 7 to 17 from all over the world can get online and meet each other.  It's really neat; and it's where I met the inspiration for "My Best Friend." (:

Thanks so much for reading!  I really appreciate it.  Have an awesome day! (:

~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment