Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ready...Set...GO!!!

I'm not very competitive with other people most of the time...but I am with myself.

"Oh, just eleven P.M.? Please, I can fit in, like, three more recordings..." "ONLY three minutes and forty-five seconds? Make that FOUR minutes and forty-five seconds..." "Are you kidding me?  I can hold that note for just fifteen seconds? C'mon, I'm gonna shoot for twenty..." (NOTE: I can't hold a note for TEN seconds. XD)

Anyway, my goal this time around is to have my first album (lyrics, instruments and all) complete by the end of the summer.  Sounds unlikely, but hey, why not give it a try?

I put the seven recorded songs (which sound terrible, by the way ;)) on the computer, and I just have to bug Canneth* (*name changed, she's my sister) to help me put them on a disc.  Right now she and Dad are at an Iron Maiden concert.  Tonight or tomorrow, Mom is going to help me with my letter to Keith Urban.  I'm so nervous!

I've been goofing around with harmonies lately.  So far, it's going fantastic for "Tangled," and it's getting better for "Words Can't Describe." I currently have 26 songs with completed lyrics, two being for Thompson Square and Keith Urban and one being a duet I wanna do with someone (HUNTERHAYESHUNTERHAYESHUNTERHAYESHUNTERHAYES!!!) (oh man, spell check is wiggin' out right now, heh heh...).  I just have around ten ideas to complete!

I'm still bummed I had to get rid of a song.  Oh well.  Happens, right?

And maybe someday I'll put a video up.

Someday. (;

You know, I looked at the views on my blog, and I got up and started dancing.  Thank you SO much for looking at my blog!  I really appreciate it. (:

Thanks for reading!  Here's your weird picture for the day:


 ~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment